Private Pilot License
For general aviation and recreational flying (any flying outside of commercial air transport or aerial work operation), a pilot must have a minimum of a Private Pilot License (PPL). Additionally, from the Chicago Convention, operator’s of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) with a Maximum Take-Off Weight (MTOW) of over 20kg must hold a valid Private Pilot License.
This 6 to 8-month long modular program, with our exclusive partner Czech Aviation Training Centre, will allow you to get a Private Pilot License approved by Civil Aviation Authority Malaysia (CAAM) with the additional option to obtain a European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approved license.
PPL(A) trainees will complete at least 45 hours of flight instruction in aeroplanes, 5 of which may have been completed in an Flight Simulator Training Device (FSTD), including at least:
- 25 hours of dual flight instruction;
- and 10 hours of supervised solo flight time, including at least 5 hours of solo cross country flight time with at least 1 cross-country flight of at least 270 km (150 Nautical Mile), during which full stop landings at 2 aerodromes different from the aerodrome of departure shall be made.
- Air Law
- Human Performance and Limitations
Specific subjects concerning different aircraft categories:
- Principle of Flight
- Operational Procedures
- Flight Performance and Planning
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- Minimum age of 17
- Minimum English level of CEFR B2 or equivalent (TOEIC, TOEFL or IELTS).
- Completion of a Class II medical examination by a CAAM approved medical practitioner (Prospective candidates are advised to contact CAAM for more details).
- Completion of Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or “O” level equivalent and must have academic qualification of five (5) credits in the SPM exam
- and any two (2) other subjects
Interested in the program? Please contact us.